Saturday 14 July 2012

A warning, perhaps

Perhaps it is time to introduce myself. The beginning is usually the place for such things, and this is most definitely a beginning of sorts for me.

My name is Jess. Call me Jess unless you know me already by a different name, which some do. I'm 21, Northern by birth and by labour of love. I've recently finished a Ba(Hons) (does the Honours part really matter, though?) degree in English Literature. Yeah, that's right, you read that correctly. I did a degree in reading. More on that another time.

After finishing my degree, I promptly moved back home (temporarily so, I hasten to add) and found myself with a grand amount of free time and very little to do with it. I went down the usual routes at first; I scoured 4OD, bought some new XBox games, and devoted a lot of time to talking to our house pets. It was a few days ago that I had the idea of perhaps doing something somewhat useful and starting a blog.

And now, here we are. A blog. I do not wish to be popular, or highly linked to. To be read at all would be lovely, of course, but for now I am comfortable to write to the void, if only because it fills my time. I wrote a brief, if not somewhat idealistic sounding, post about love, posted it online, and voila! I have joined the masses of online public blogging.

Read me if you choose, but never feel obliged. I promise to speak my mind on here, and not everyone may like what I have to say. But, as a friend as of mine pointed out recently on her own blog (check her out, she is incredibly thoughtful and intelligent- 'missing apostrophes'), no matter what I say, it is that I have the FREEDOM to do so that is most important.

This is my little corner of freedom, and I hope you enjoy what I have to say. I may not always be correct, I may not always speak as eloquently as possible, but I promise to always be honest. And that's enough for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment